Eva Pascoe came and gave us some insights particularly into recent uses of Virtual and Augmented Realities in retail.
Discussions afterwards included:
- Do we need physical body to commune with others?
- AR/VR very different
- How immersive does the reality have to be to be virtual?
- How will we avoid aggravating the Digital Divide? (ie that those who do not have the technology access to the technology become left behind. VR on NHS?
- (Virtually) When tomorrow is as immersive as today, how will we know what is real?
- Getting Lost
- Learning to see our hands in VR. VR adapting to us. Embodiment & VR
- How do you know you are not in VR now?!
- Will we be able to interact with other real things in the virtual way? If so what does that mean for our future?
- The visual/sound bias – not immersion for physical beings until touch, smell, taste?
At all of these sessions, we’ve ended in a circle asking people to record their reflections. Listening to this should give you a better feel of what it was like in the room.
If you were there and have written about the experience, do let me know.