Resistance loves distraction – there are so many other things to think about, read about, talk about rather than sit down at the page and write something useful. But one anti-resistance trick is to write a little bit about resistance, at least that gets all my fingers on the keyboard at the same time and pulls me towards getting some thinking flowing in a unified direction. So in case any of them haven’t occurred to you and you’d like to pick them up yourself, my current distractions are (in just any old order):
- Donald Trump and the US Election;
- The referendum – the manipulation of national discourse (because this is what the whole thing is really it seems to me – one big exercise in distraction and misdirection, and we’ve fallen for it.);
- A political assassination in the UK;
- Those people who are going to vote for D Trump and Brexit and how different they are from anyone I think I know;
- Impending doom;
- TheDAO and people’s reaction to it going tits up;
- The weather, although today’s been quite nice most of the time;
- My weight, health, baldness, beard-length;
- Preacher and Halt & Catch Fire plus the dearth of anything good on Netflix;
- Weariness over the effort it takes to get paid sometimes;
- Not having done the washing up yet;
- Wondering… about stuff…
- Worrying about what this list reveals about me.
OK. Let’s see if that helped.