Still musing on the fear of “dark forces”, “bad people”, shifts in power, and similar trivia.
In sorting out the Podcast Archive I listened again to Johnnie at “Blogging, A Real Conversation” from 2 years ago. He started with something like this video (though we didn’t have Youtube in them days).
Johnnie used it to illustrate the illusion of authority. I guess I’m surprised at how many people are still yet to acknowledge their Ceaucescu moment.
I had a “Consider the lilies of the fields” moment yesterday and was inspired to twitter : “life is easy, effortless and always exceeds my expectations :)”
On reflection, these are the ways that I habitually squeeze the ease and effortlessness out of my life.
- I try to please all of the people all of the time
- I forget to call people I care about
- I have never taken a driving test
- I allow clutter to accumulate in my living and working spaces
- I worry
- I look for what I can get out of a situation instead of what I can give
- I start a new thing before I’ve finished the last
- I always look for ways to do the least possible to get by
- I don’t ask for what I want
- I don’t even admit to myself what I want
Oh, and 11. I take the whole thing waaaaay too seriously😀
Let’s see if I can make some small improvements…