So the plan as of today is to set off at the end of this month without any fixed abode for the following three months at least and to review what I do next after 2 months. That means July, August and September definitely on the road and to make a decision at the beginning of September about what to do next.
Immediately I’m reminded that that time of year is not a good one for finding rental property as you’re up against hordes of students starting college, so that’s something to bear in mind.
Thinking then about what I need to do this month:
- Throw away a lot of stuff
- Decide what to keep in storage and how to store
- Work out what clothes I’m going to take with me
- Find a good backpack/rucksack
- Get a light but tough ukulele gig bag (preferably with built-in live-streaming!)
- Sort out a mailing address
- Close down all utility & household accounts
- Work out some rules/guidelines for making choices
- Set up some online system for people offering accommodation/work/things to do
Well some nice-to-have’s would be a new phone and lightweight laptop but I can manage for the time being.
There’s more, but this will do for now…