We’re off on holiday for 10 days to Madeira. I’ve never been there. All I knew before we booked was it would be warm and it’s out in the Atlantic Ocean but north of the Canaries. Oh and it’s a wine and a cake – which is frustrating for someone who doesn’t drink wine or eat cake.
But warm, island, not London.
I asked Twitter for podcast suggestions as I need a bit of variety in my auditory diet and I expect to be lying around a lot just looking at the sea.
- Looking for podcasts to binge on on holiday. Whatchagot? like talky stuff, philosophy of tech not “news” – ideas and laughter, not “comedy”
And Twitter said:
Mark Cotton @mcfontaine
- @LloydDavis Outriders with the fantastic @jemimah_knight
- @LloydDavis the BBC also have about 2000 archived episodes of Alistair Cooke’s Letter From America.
- @LloydDavis and of course I would have to suggest @BParkPodcast .., Produced by me🙂
lauren brown @sheseesred
Abbie Walker @Abstardeluxe
- @LloydDavis try http://matescast.tumblr.com/ it’s informative.
Kate AG @RadioKate
- @LloydDavis have you tried the moth? Live storytelling, best stories picked, funny, sad, powerful, always a good listen..
- @LloydDavis someone recently mentioned the night vale or something like that..tried first episodes and enjoyed…
Rob Dyson @RobmDyson
Paul Brewer @pdbrewer
- @LloydDavis try this guy http://french-italian.stanford.edu/opinions/
Wow! Thank you all, that’s fantastic and will keep me going well beyond the next 10 days! (there’s a Desert Island Discs Archive!!!)